About Me

My photo
Olongapo City/ Subic/ Quezon City/Alabang, Central Luzon/ NCR, Philippines
Mom. Wife. Teacher.

Thursday, January 05, 2012

A Prayer for Emotional Strength

from http://www.the48principle.com/PDFs/48PrayersStrength.pdf
Image is taken by me from the prayer room of our dorm at SMRC Dormitoryana.
Father,

Thank you for the adventure of my life and for being with me every step along the way. Keep my mind free from dwelling on what is wrong with people and situations and instead, help me to focus on what is right, excellent and worthy of praise. Show me how to affirm your powers so that I don't think negatively about my problems. Inspire me to interpret the conditions I face in such a way that I constantly remain empowered to improve them.

I praise you for giving me dominion over my thoughts, life and consequently over the quality of my emotions. Protect me from acting on feelings that are inconsistent with your word. I know that the obedience to your principles is the only true path to emotional health, vitality, and abundant joy. Just as figs do not come from thornbushes, I know that positive circumstances do not come from negative thoughts.

Teach me how to act in a manner consistent with uncontainable joy. Grant me the courage to act the way I would act if you were physically in my presence encouraging me. Thank you.

In Jesus' name,

Amen.

No comments: