About Me

My photo
Olongapo City/ Subic/ Quezon City/Alabang, Central Luzon/ NCR, Philippines
Mom. Wife. Teacher.

Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Life is What Happens To You When You Are Busy Making Other Plans...


While composing this essay, i realized that putting my thoughts into strings of words isn’t an easy task at all. Making accessories out of beads or shells would have been a lot easier… Perhaps it would be better to let my thoughts flutter like butterflies in different directions and let it create its own art, burst in different colors, both bright and dull without me having to intervene on how it will end up. Because in the end, no matter what the result maybe, it would still be beautiful, creative, unique… art…


Same thing with life, i suppose. Sometimes I make plans complete with back-ups, fall backs, plan A, plan B and so on and so forth only to find out that none of those plans I made ever came into life. Because somewhere in this alter universe, something else was already planned for me. What it is? Is yet for me to discover.
Indeed, Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans according to John Lennon, it happened to me. I dreamed of a different dream yet i woke up dreaming another dream. So metamorphic it may seem but its true. All my life I dreamt of becoming a certain "this", i prepared or so I thought. I believed I would be until the cold reality stomped at my foot then i stopped dreaming because there is something more important that I need to deal with and it’s called "reality", so true, so real yet still arbitrary.

No comments: