The Second Semester of Academic Year 2012-2013 is a remarkable year for San Beda Alabang School of Law because our dear college responded to the call for environmental awareness and consciousness in the legal profession and academic field by offering the course Natural Resources and Environmental Law for sophomore students.
This course is being handled by two of our highly esteemed faculty members:
Ambassador Amado Tolentino known to be the Father of Environmental Law of the Philippines; and
Atty. Antonio Oposa Jr. known for his doctrine of inter-generational responsibility for children and future generation.
The student body responded to this call with much passion and zeal, more than just substantial compliance to the course requirements because the pioneering classes paved the way for the creation of the newest organization here at SBCA-SOL, The Environmental Law Society.
Allow me to share with you our so called Green Report Card for the past academic year:
1. San Beda "Organic Vegetable Garden."
2. Interview with Former Senator Nene Pimentel regarding the Role of Local Government Units in the implementation of laws related to the protection and conservation of our environment.
3. National Youth Commission Visitation
4. Clean Air Philippines Visitation
5. Bantayan, Cebu Noise Pollution Case
6. Environmental Action Forum: Be Informed, Be Ignited, Be Involved.
7. Organization Launching
8. Oath-taking of Officers
9. Tie-up with LEON San Beda College of Law, Manila
In the coming days, months, or even years, we hope to organize more environmental related activities in our college so that our student body will not only be just Red Lions but Green Lions as well who are advocates for protection of the air, water, animals, plants and other natural resources from pollution or its effects.
Thank you all and God bless.