Skip to main content

Daddy's 64th Birthday



Last Monday, (August 30, 2010), my mom and I put together a small thanksgiving with relatives and closest friends to celebrate my father's 64th birthday.

We consider it special because this year we almost lost the head of our family due to respiratory failure last May. Within a short period of time from May until August there was a great improvement in his health. Our gratitude to the doctors who supervised his health and recovery.

With that kind of experience in our family there are few things that I have realized. One is that nothing is impossible with God. Prayers can indeed move mountains. Many of our family members and friends joined together in prayer. I think that was one significant factor to his recovery. Second is "love is all that matters". Prayers together with the love showered to us by the people around us made the struggle a little lighter to carry. Everyday counts now to say I love you to the people we care about because in a brink of time the people that we love the most may be gone; and no matter how we want to express our love for them it may be too late. Our sincerest gratitude to all of you. Lastly, ARK (act of random kindness) just like in the movie it is important if we have our simple act or random kindness to people even with strangers. During our challenging moments, people showered us with random act of kindness from the people who helped us to take my dad to hospital, to the nurses, doctors and crew in the hospital,their kindness even the smallest things were helpful to my mom and I.

Thank you to everybody who shared this especial day with our family. May God bess you and your family always! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Ang Istruktura ng Edukayson para sa mga Kababaihan noong Panahon ng Amerikano 1925– 1945: Pagtuon sa Mga Naging Simulain ng Maryknoll Sisters sa Pilipinas”

Panimula             Itinatatag noong 1912 ang Kongregasyon ng mga madreng Maryknoll sa Estados Unidos. Nanguna sila sa pagpapadala ng mga misyonaryo partikular sa mga bansa sa Asya. Si Sister Mary Josephine Rogers ( Mother Mary Joseph ) ang kanilang kinikilalang tagapagtatag sa tulong nina Bishop James A. Walsh at Father Thomas Frederick Price. Nauna nang naitatatag ng dalawang paring nabanggit ang grupo ng mga Amerikanong seminarista na nilayong magpadala ng misyon sa iba’t-ibang bansa. Tinawag silang The Catholic Foreign Mission Society of America . Sa paglipas ng mga taon mas kikilalanin ang mga miyembro ng misyong ito bilang mga Maryknoll brothers at sisters.             Tatalakayin sa papel na ito ang mga naging simulain ng kongregasyon ng mga madreng Maryknoll sa bansa. Itinuring na mahalagang ambag nila sa kanilang pananatili ang kanilang mga itina...

2011 Bucketlist

Soon these will all be beautiful memories at least for me, nothing can best express one's feelings and sentiments than the written words. Looking forward to 2012 :)

A Poem of Self-Discovery and Women Empowerment

I paint to find myself, Each brushstroke listens before it speaks. Each color holds a feeling I didn’t know how to name. The women I paint are not strangers. They are reflections, echoes, possibilities. They carry softness in their posture and strength in their stillness. Some look outward. Some turn inward. All of them belong. When I paint, I give myself permission to be layered; bold and fragile, dreaming and grounded, unfinished and whole. I let my hands move before my thoughts, trusting that truth knows the way. Flowers bloom where words fall short. Hearts repeat what memory remembers. Night skies, flowing hair, and quiet gazes become symbols of becoming. Each canvas holds a moment of honesty; a place where I don’t have to explain myself to be understood. Empowerment, for me, is not loud. It lives in presence. In softness that refuses to disappear. In a woman standing in her own emotional landscape without apology. Through painting, I learn to tr...